After some time thinking about it, finally I started with my first baby steps on spectroscopy. The most easy way is using a filter Star Analiser SA-100.
I added one of this to the new filter wheel on the CC8. This system is a 2000mm f12 with a QHY5III174 camera and the grating at 90mm.
With this hardware I could obtain a dispersion (resolution) of 6 Angstroms/pixel and a full coverage of the sensor.
Of course, the first image was Vega. Really bright star on the sky (++easy). Vega’s spectral class is A0V, making it a blue-tinged white main sequence star that is fusing hydrogen to helium in its core.
It’s really easy to capture a nice spectrum and really easy to process it also. After to process, calibrated and applied the instrument correction this was the nice result (nice to me, because I am totally rockie ;D )
Next step, last night some captures of Uranus and Neptune to find the clear Methane presence in their atmospheres.
In that particular case we are talking about to integrate several pictures to increase the noise ratio and see something to process. All these captures are taken on remote operation using the RC10 in parallel as guide scope 😛 …..
Another exercise was to resolve the famous double system Albireo with one red star and another blue, clearly different comparing their spectres.
It’s a promising start to me!!! 😀