Planetary imaging is challenging, if you try to do it remotely… a nightmare.
Easy things like changing your camera becomes something really challenging on remote. Otherway a common thing on planetary imaging.
I did some research and decide to go to a commercial solution for cost reasons. I decided to implement a remote flip mirror based on the Baader FlipMirror II or BFM.
Using a pancake steeper and a Pololu PaP Tic T500, I could move the mirror and use different cameras on my CC8.
The chosen cameras are: a QHY5III174M and the new one QHY5III462C with NIR capabilities (something that I want to explore!!!)
Next change: new filter wheel, with the current one with only 5 filters… lrgb + IR890 CH4 + Astronomik Proplanet 642 – 842 nm + IR850 + another surprise on the future…. I need a new one with 8 filters soon….